Friday, July 27, 2007

Sarah and Jordan's Bank Day!

Well, everyone knows about my niece and nephew being back home in Santa Barbara because I can't stop talking about them! They came with me the other day to run errands and we wound up at the bank. So... I decided to give them some gifts and start them out on their road to financial freedom! haha

Sarah and Jordan opened up their first personal savings accounts! Wells Fargo has a special program for children that teaches them about savings. A little incentive that they offer is that for every $3.00 they deposit, they earn a Wells Fargo Kid Buck. They can save these bucks and buy prizes with them or if they can make it to $100 kids bucks they can turn them all in for a $50.00 US Savings Bond! Not a bad return eh? I wish I started saving when I was 8 years old!

Here are some pics from my iphone of their day at the bank. Jordan was so cute, he was a little nervous about signing his paperwork, but he did it!

No comments: