Monday, July 16, 2007

My first dinosaur!

So here we are going through pictures on the computer, catching up on the last 15 years and Jane pops open this folder with pictures of this prehistoric monster! I couldn't believe it was real and she told me that these Jackson Chameleons are all over the place! I immediately ran out in the backyard to go and find one..... no luck.

The next day, we're out in the back hitting golf balls in their backyard (a perfect 150 yard par 3 with a flag and all!?!... in their backyard!?! haha) and we started talking about it so Bart runs off with me following and he finds one! This thing was so crazy looking! We took it back up to the house and proceeded to scare everyone with it and I HAD to take pictures.

Aparently, "a pet store owner in Hawaii purchased 36 of these in the early 70s. He allowed them to live outside, so there is also a sizeable colony of Jackson Chameleons prospering in Hawaii." - from the web.

Here are a few pics... crazy huh?

No comments: