Thursday, July 12, 2007

Maui No Ka Oi! - Delta flight with Jewel Van Valin!

Well, I'm off on a wedding shoot to Maui, going to visit some dear friends and to see my family. I took off from SB down to LA and then to Maui. My trip to LA was a short puddle jumper, which was a piece of cake. My flight from LA to Maui was another story, a great one! About two hours into the flight I decided to get up and walk around. Anyway, I made friends with two Delta employees and we wound up laughing all the way to Maui!

The flight attendants, Jewel Van Valin and Dave were so awesome! We sat and talked about everything from relationships to travel to their 30 years of marriage! Dave fixed me the most incredible bloody mary that never seemed to drop below half full! He kept that rather large cup full for the last 3 hours of my flight.

Jewel was so amazing. She walked the plane and had all the kids and any adults that wanted to play draw something with crayons that she brings on every flight. Once they were done, she would tape them up on the ceiling and the walls of the plane. Everyone loved them and there were some pretty amazing drawings! We had the plane laughing and playing games and at one point, we had a mother and daughter racing (fast walking) the aisles to see who could complete the most laps in 3 minutes. People were taking pictures of all the artwork that was hanging all over the plane and by the end of the flight I think I took pictures of everyone as if it were a wedding reception.

The flight seemed to last 30 minutes and before you knew it we were on the ground. I've never flown with a flight crew that was so friendly, helpful and fun. That's Jewel, Dave and me in the last picture posing with my work of art!

Here are some favs!

No comments: