Thursday, December 20, 2007

Maui humpback whales are here!

So I get up this morning and walk out onto the balcony to look at the ocean and there was this awesome rainbow out over the water... but this one was different. It was spread out over the ocean like fog, pretty cool, never saw a rainbow like this before. Anyway, as I was watching the rain over the ocean clear up, I saw a few humpback whales swimming by! Now this was way cool!

I've been on whale watching cruises before and they say that in order to spot one, you have to look out for the spouts over the horizon, so sure enough, here they are spraying all over the place. People have told me that the whales just got into town and that I should be able to see them pretty easily. Hopefully I'll get a picture of one breaching, how cool would that be?

No comments: